Sunday, February 8, 2009

Yet He Does Nothing

I'm coming to a new conclusion, but I haven't fully accepted it so don't disagree with me yet, because I don't have a stance to disagree--or agree--with at all. Sometimes I feel guilty about not writing. As an English major, isn't it supposed to be somehow ingrained in my brain to want to write all the time? Not really. I LOVE to write, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it's a chore. So this conclusion I'm coming to is this: maybe I should just write when I have something to say.

Then my head says NO WAY!! You should write all the time because there's no way muscles are going to grow if you don't work them out. There's no way a relationship is going to get anywhere by not spending time with that person. My writing muscles will atrophy if I am not careful.

This is all leading to my real point.

I feel out of touch with God. I feel like there are so many desires of my heart that I have desperately pleaded with God about that have not been even remotely addressed. I got a little mad on the way to church the other day and vented to a friend of mine: I HAVE PLEADED WITH GOD ABOUT THIS, HE KNOWS HOW MUCH I WANT IT, YET HE DOES NOTHING.

There is so much in YET HE DOES NOTHING. My feeble little mind wants to think that. It almost feels good to be mad at something or someone, but that's not healthy and I know it. God is never doing nothing. I'm sick of cliches and I know you're think I'm going to say something like...nope not going to say it, but God does work in odd ways. I'll just wait some more, but man, it feels like I've been in a waiting room my whole life.

But I take this to heart.

"He is jealous for me. Love's like a hurricane I am a tree. Bending beneath the waves of His wind and mercy."

No comments: