Thursday, January 29, 2009

They Always Come Back

It's amazing how small things remind you of larger events in life. And it's also hard watching others go through the same thing. Watching Friends over at a friend's house tonight brought back some poignant feelings. I won't say they're horrible feelings because I subscribe to the idea that pain in your life makes you feel like you're living more than feeling good, but they aren't great either.

I can remember only one time in my life where I felt like my heart was really broken. I know, growing up you think you're heart's broken by the slightest things, but it was never broken any time before or after the event. I was only disappointed by others. There was one girl. One girl who, believe it or not, I still think about on occasion, that did some damage. Knowing she felt nothing and seeing her out with other guys who I could have beat hands down in a "who's better for her" contest killed me. It took me a long time to suppress those feelings.

Now I know that my brother is going through the same thing and all I can tell him is that I've been there. I can't help him get over one of the most difficult things I've ever had to get over. It hurts me to think about that.

I can only hope that God has someone prepared for us. I have to. Right now, there is no one else for me but God.

No comments: