Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Choices, Death, and a blog written on a caffeine overload

I have been struggling with something for a long time. Today it just came into words in my mind and it is this. What happens if God has something planned for someone, and then another person's free will comes into play and snatches that away from the person?

For instance, my dad has been without a job for almost six months now. There have been numerous opportunities where he could have received a job, but has been overlooked. What happens if the people didn't make the right decision? Most of these people are probably faithless. I randomly ran into my campus pastor today and I felt it was no coincidence that we met together. His family is being ripped to shreds by death in the family and sickness and I would say he is in a very similar spot to the one that I am in. He gave me this verse in Romans and I think it will stick with me for awhile. It's Romans 3:3-4. It says:

What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness? Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar.

How do I follow that? Amen.

Also, something that he said that rang in my ears.

Resurrection always follows death

It does. I'm waiting for it.

No comments: