Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tom and Jerry

This morning was pretty much filled with ultimatums for God. I mean, is that okay? Am I allowed to say God, this is what You need to do? I was angry...I am angry...and I'm pretty much done with this area of my life. Not my faith. No way. That would be stupid. I still believe that God is in control, but I feel like He's playing cat and mouse with me.

I thought I had found someone. I really did. We had a lot in common, a lot to talk about, just all around good stuff. Yet, like every time I let my guard down, I got duped. I think I was pretty much the rebound guy. Like, I was the one in case the other guy didn't work out. Did she let me know? Not really. Did she lead me on? Probably not intentionally, but it sure looked like it. Am I angry? Yes and no. I'm more angry with myself for letting my wall come down for an instant.

I'm done with this. I'm not looking for anyone. If God wants, and I'm sure He does, me to be with someone, next time it's going to have to be nothing short of the heavens opening and a giant neon arrow that says "THIS IS HER!" Whoever God has planned for me better buck up and let her presence be known because I'm done.

No comments: