Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Breakthrough

I haven't written in awhile. If you look at the date of the last post, this is a repetitious statement. But I am often finding myself backing off of the write anything even if you don't have anything to say wagon and only really writing when something is on my mind. Thus, this new post is something that is on my mind and apparently I have a thing for being repetitive today.

I need a breakthrough. Bad.

I've been in this place where I feel God is pushing up His sleeves and working and working and working, but we have yet to see the whole of the fruits of His labors and it's killing me. It's like being a six year old on an indefinite road trip to Disney World. You are stuck in the car with parents and siblings, whom you love dearly, but are submersed in a world of constant stops to pee, or to eat, or just to get out of the presence of dear old mom or dad or bro or sis, and never really reaching the destination set out for.

I feel like my life and even the life of my church is at this point. We can feel, like when something gets so close to your arm that you can't actually feel it, but the hairs on your arm stand up, and it's this little buzz of electromagnetism that says something is near, that God is working. That God is preparing and molding things, but it's really hard to go on in this point. There are about a million things in my life right now that feel like this and sometimes I want to scream, but Paul reminds us to "run with perseverance the race marked out." Cliche. So horribly cliche, but true nonetheless.

So right now I'm praying for a breakthrough. Something that says, "Hey, it's God, and I'm not completely done yet, but here's a little something to keep you busy until I'm done." Haven't gotten any of that, unless I'm completely missing the boat, which I may very well be. Anyway, at least I feel something is close.

The day may very well be at hand.

No comments: