Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Adventures In Missing The Point

So I've been having some adventures lately. I mean, not like Indian Jones adventures or The Goonies kind of thing, but adventures in missing the point. I think I miss the point of following Jesus everyday. I end up doing something, dwelling on something, or just flat out ignoring something that God probably wants me to get/do. Like for the longest time I've been somewhat depressed and lonely while watching countless others get married, start dating, or just finding that "special someone" and myself being left out of the loop.

There are plenty of people my age who are in the same boat I am. There's no rush to settle down, because maybe it's that God doesn't want to do what He's going to do through me if I have someone else to take care of.

I'm single and I'm disposable. I can do anything God wants for me without thinking about a family to take care of or anything.

So I'm hoping God's doing something huge, because sometimes, it's just hard to be alone.

No comments: